Followers

About Me

My photo
A normal person touched by deeds of kindness & hurt by malice. A qualified management graduate by education, i'm a Human Resources professional.I love to scribble my thoughts, giving it a way of expression in both the languages English & Hindi. Writing for me is a divine intervention and music heals my soul. Expressing yourself through the power of words is a beautiful feeling and the fervour takes you into another world of imagination.

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Falling in love with....

As he finally covered the last steps of the distance between us, closing in, my heart started pounding. For a moment he stared at me, brushing aside the strands of my hair that breeze was playing with, disconcerting him. He held my hand, as if he never wanted to let go of it, our fingers seemed to fit together in just the right way, effortlessly clasped like perfect complements. He leaned in closer and touched my lips with his, beneath a blanket of stars, where the only voice audible was of the waves, as we were standing close to a dune on a beach witnessing a peaceful night, surrounded by an ocean which was blackened with the natural effect of the alluring night. And then suddenly as the sun crested the sky, the dunes, the world alike with its magnanimous golden rays, I quite realized I had been dreaming and there came an end to a lovely dream, ‘coz of sun’s jealousy. Anyway, the morning itself was so pleasing that I decided to meander on the beach (decided to make the most of it as I was on the land of beaches – Goa). Trudging through the sand, I just couldn’t help feeling like an amateur who was probably searching for something, like a child would desperately search for seashells; of course even I quite enjoy that. When I tried to focus on the world around me, I just couldn’t keep my gaze off it – the sun risen out of the sea, the thrill of morning bird song, the lingering mist atop the waves, as if the glorifying morning was riveted in their beauty, only adding to it. Without any conscious thought, I tried to feel the sand beneath my feet and the cold breeze caressed my cheeks like it wanted to play with me. I was living a different world away from the crowd, amidst the beauty of nature, which gave me a serene feeling, & I fell in love with it instantly. The amazing morning, none of it & all of it felt real, more real than anything I’d known for years, as if I was meeting a new world with a new meaning.
After the morning walk, the wow feeling following it was difficult to hide. I wanted to spend my evening as well on the beach, as I just love sunsets. Sunset for me is like soothing my restless soul. It helps me in finding ways to fill the emptiness of my heart & answers I yearn to find my existence. The sight of the sun laying down making way for the night, leaving tinges of orange shade in the sky with the surrounding tranquility & sound of the waves splashing on the shore is just amazing. The horizon seems like a canvas of oil painting extending its hues to the world. And this was exactly what I experienced there. The moment I reached, I sat down on the beach, burying my hands in the sand, it felt so good. Then I scooped up a handful of sand & let it trickle through my fingers, chuckling, as if I was lost in my own world. As the sand sifted through the passage of my fingers, I felt like a child happy to play with sand, making different structures out of it. I took off my sandals & decided to walk on the surf, the wet sand trickling my bare feet & made me giggle like a kid. 

Walking down the beach, every now & then I stopped & bent over to retrieve seashells, which were half buried in the sand, washed over by the waves. After examining them in my hand, I tossed all of them back into the sea. The contentment of the entire thing was something I could feel within. As the evening slowly turned into night, the air just got cooler & I stood there watching the beach water blackened due to the night, still lights of clubs adjacent to the beach making it glitter. Stars twinkling in the sky and small lanterns (small parachute like lanterns are lit up in the night on the beach & are drifted towards the sky) all lit up in the sky gave the sky a dazzling look. As the zephyr chilled, I realized I was freezing, to the extent that tears rolled down my cheek, only to make me feel that I was alive, else I always thought I'd  become quite numb to everything. I felt like the breeze was caressing my cheeks & its love overflowed through my eyes making it wet. It was time for me to bid adieu to all the fun I'd with the beautiful nature & depart for the day.
After a peaceful time at the beach all day, I could feel my heart overjoyed with the day gone by & the things it witnessed, with a new perspective & more so the glory of the nature. And as I strode back to my hotel room, all I could feel was love abound, as if my heart was burning with love. The last thought on my mind, while I was covering the final steps towards my room was……"I'm falling in love, perhaps with the majestic beauty of the nature."
                           

4 comments:

  1. So perfectly described. Even we come across such experiences but never able to describe them properly. While reading, i could actually feel that i was on the beach.
    Very Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete