Followers

About Me

My photo
A normal person touched by deeds of kindness & hurt by malice. A qualified management graduate by education, i'm a Human Resources professional.I love to scribble my thoughts, giving it a way of expression in both the languages English & Hindi. Writing for me is a divine intervention and music heals my soul. Expressing yourself through the power of words is a beautiful feeling and the fervour takes you into another world of imagination.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Little deeds of kindness, few words of admiration…..!!!



How often do you come across people who deserve appreciation & accolades but end up receiving just a look of amazement, bereft of words? There may be many such instances we come across, & some we pioneer ourselves, isn’t it? I wonder sometimes are we even human? Your tongue never misses an opportunity like a sharp knife ready to rip off an enemy or anyone who is at fault in your books of right & wrong but extolling others becomes too big a deal for your pride to indulge in! And that’s how the title seems to be too big for you to have a quick glance, but in all probability I would say the message is very small, speak few words of politeness and praise, do little deeds of kindness, if not always to put a smile on somebody’s face, at least to satisfy yourself and to make yourself feel, you are still alive & humane. It is not impossible. These questions dangling before us aren’t big if we look at everything with a certain kindness & understanding that is mixed with tolerance. We can always furrow out solutions to these questions, if we really give it a thought & work on it.

Imagine your little deeds of kindness and words of appreciation can make somebody’s day. It can give him/her a ray of hope if they are kind of in a moping state. Being humans we all need it in proportion to survive and feel good. Why then we become so stingy in it sometimes as if we are dealing in money? Two words of admiration can give a high to someone & make him/her feel positive. Little deeds of kindness or helping someone will occupy a special place in one’s heart. When you come across such occasions, consider yourself fortunate that god has blessed you with an opportunity to make someone happy. Having said that I don’t mean that one should go faking about something or someone but genuine appreciation is a good gesture. If spewing venom & praying sinister for someone is easy, believe me being kind with good words and good deeds is indeed easier than that.

At least this is what I felt after my visit to Kala Ghoda’s fest this year. One thing which touched me was “Cube of Compassion” which was created by “Apun Ka Club”. The best thing was it’s for the children & by the children – it is meant for children. Inside the cube there were sketches with beautiful messages made by the kids. There were messages like “I gave a Jadu ki Jhappi to my sweeper & thanked her for her hard work.” “I did art work with mentally challenged kids and felt so good.” I offered a cold drink to a small girl & in turn got a cute smile.” “I smiled at three strangers today which made me feel cheerful.” Such beautiful messages with feelings more pronounced should only make us more humane. I really felt that. The message which they propagated was “Life is Giving” driven by the values of hope, faith, love, service, peace, care and which in turn gives meaning to life.

If small kids can have such deep understanding of all this knowingly or unknowingly, why can’t we sculpt an colourful life? Why can’t we be good to everyone around us? Sometimes I have seen people putting on airs unnecessarily to show their importance which I really detest. Helping someone in need is better than offering your prayers to god. Two words of appreciation can give someone immense pleasure & charge him/her with a new energy. Good deeds never go unnoticed. Even if others don’t notice, up above in the bright blue sky, our friend is taking note of it. The good you do, do comes back to you in some way or the other, i truly believe in it. Be good and do good and have a meaningful & colourful life. Do think about it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment